Tour Code: VNFL
Day 1: Arrival in Hanoi
Day 2: Hanoi city tour – Nighttrain to Lao Cai
Day 3: Lao Cai – Sapa – Cat Cat Village
Day 4: Lao Chai & Ta Van village – nighttrain back to Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi – Halong Bay
Day 6: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Flight to Hue
Day 7: Hue Imperial
Day 8: Hue – Danang – Hoian
Day 9: Hoian – Danang – Flight to Ho Chi Minh
Day 10: Ho Chi Minh – Ben Tre – Can Tho
Day 11: Can Tho – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh
Day 12: Ho Chi Minh departure
Day 1 Arrival in Hanoi
You will land at National Airport today. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Today, Overnight at the hotel in Hanoi
Day 2 Hanoi city tour – Nighttrain to Lao Cai (B,L)
Your breakfast is served at your hotel. You tour guide will pick you up at hotel at eight o’clock. First we will visit Ho Chi Minh Complex which consist of Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum (closed on Mondays & Fridays), his former stilt-house residence, the Presidential Palace, and the Ho Chi Minh Museum. Then we will visit the Temple of Literature constructed in 1070 to worship Confucius and served as the first Royal National University in Vietnam. Lunch at the local restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit Museum of Ethnology (closed on Mondays, History Museum alternative). Continue to the outside Museum garden with fascinating traditional houses from the Kinh’s to the ones of the ethnic groups in Central Highlands. Afterward, move to Ngoc Son Temple in the middle of Hoan Kiem Lake. Then transfer to the train station for a night train to Lao Cai. Overnight on the train.
Day 3 Lao Cai – Sapa – Cat Cat Village (B,L)
Arrive in Lao Cai early morning around six o’clock. Transfer to Sapa (40km from Lao Cai). Enjoy breakfast before we explore the Sapa resort town founded by the French. Visit Cat Cat village, home to H’Mong ethnic people. They are excellent “tho cam” weavers (kind of brocade fabrics). “Tho cam” of Cat Cat village boasts special quality as it is dyed with natural colors, polished with beeswax and embroidered with unique designs. Cat Cat silvery jewels such as necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings are also well preferred for sophisticated techniques. A walk through this old village offers a glimpse into traditional customs and practices of the ethnic Black Hmong. Stop at a beautiful waterfall and the vestige of a hydroelectric plant that was built by the French during the colonial era in Vietnam. Have lunch at the local restaurant
In the afternoon, climbing Ham Rong Mount and we will enjoy a panoramic view over the town. Overnight at hotel in Sapa
Day 4 Lao Chai & Ta Van village – nighttrain back to Hanoi (B,L)
Breakfast at hotel, today we will make a tour to Sapa starting with its vibrant market and colonial houses. Descending into the Muong Hoa Valley, we reach the picturesque Lao Chai village of Black H’mong ethnic minority and Ta Van village by Dzay. Enjoy stunning views of rice terraces curving around the hillside, winding river and stream glittering in the sunshine. Picnic lunch is served.
On the way back to Sa Pa, we visit Tra Ma village, home to Black Hmong ethnic people. Transfer to Lao Cai railway station for night train to Hanoi. Overnight on the train.
Day 5 Hanoi – Halong Bay (B,L,D)
You arrive at Hanoi train station around 5:30am. Pick you up and transfer to mini-hotel (2star) for freshen up and have breakfast. Then start a 3-hour drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long City (180km from Hanoi). Upon arrival, we will take a refurbished wooden sailing junk for a cruise through the limestone cliffs and emerald waters of Ha Long Bay. While on board we will be served a sumptuous fresh, local seafood lunch. You may go swimming and exploring some of the limestone caves in this area. At sunset, we drop anchor for the night nearby a remote island. Dinner on board. Overnight on Junk
Day 6 Halong Bay – Hanoi – Flight to Hue (Brunch)
You will get a chance to watch sunrise on the sea this morning. After breakfast, we continue tour around the bay area. The junk will be close to us at all times serving as a backup vessel. At around noon time, we will return to the main harbor and take a 3-hour journey to Noi Bai airport for flight to Hue.
Day 7 Hue Imperial (B,L,D)
Our guide and driver will pick you up at hotel in Hue at 08:00 am, starting your trip with a leisure boat trip along the poetic Perfume River. Disembark to visit the Thien Mu Pagoda (Heavenly Lady Pagoda) then continue our cruise towards Hon Chen temple and Minh Mang mausoleum – one of Hue’s finest royal tombs, consisting of 40 constructions (palaces, temples, pavilions and lakes).
Disembark for lunch in local restaurant. In the afternoon, we visit Hue Imperial City – the last imperial city of Vietnam with beautiful constructions including: Flag Tower, Ngo Mon Gate, Nine Dynastic Urns, Nine Holy Cannons, Thai Hoa Palace and Forbidden Purple City (Tu Cam Thanh).
Transfer to visit Tu Duc royal tomb – which was built between 1864 to 1867 by 3000 soldiers and workers. It includes 50 monuments surrounded by a 1500m long wall and covers an area of 12ha. Take time to soak in its tranquil and relaxing settings.
In the evening, you will be delighted with an imperial dinner: dining like an emperor in Hue, tasting signature royal food while listening to the royal music. Overnight at the hotel in Hue
Day 8 Hue – Danang – Hoian (B,L)
After having breakfast at hotel, our guide will pick you up at 8:00 am for transferring to Hoian . You will travel over the Hai Van pass, stop in Danang for a visit to the Cham Museum and handicraft villages. Check into our hotel in Hoi An.
In the afternoon, explore Hoian town. Visit the Japanese Covered Bridge-the symbol of Hoian, Chinese street for stunning Phuc Kien Hall and Phung Hung old house with typical Hoian traditional architecture. We then visit Hoi An vibrant market and ancient port to experience the rythm of local daily life. Finally, we visit Phuc Thanh Pagoda, the oldest pagoda in Hoi An built in 1454 with Chinese bonze. Overnight at the hotel in Hoian
Day 9 Hoian – Danang – Flight to Ho Chi Minh (B,L)
In the morning, transfer you to the airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh city. Upon arrival, check into hotel.
In the afternoon, we will visit Notre Dame Cathedral and the General Post Office. Travel along Dong Khoi street, see the Opera House and the Peoples’ Committee building built in 1897 by French architect Ferret Eugene. We continue to visit The Reunification Palace (Ex-Presidential Palace) which was the former residence of the President of South Vietnam until end of April 1975. Overnight at the hotel in Ho Chi Minh
Day 10 Ho Chi Minh – Ben Tre – Can Tho (B,L)
After breakfast, our guide and driver will pick you up at hotel at 08:00am and transfer to Ben Tre (80km). Take a boat on Ben Tre river. Visit coconut processing workshops located along the canal.
Take a bicycle-cart on the village paths, stop at farmer house for lunch. Afterwords, take a boat back to Hung Vuong Pier. We continue to Can Tho. Overnight at the hotel in Can Tho
Day 11 Can Tho – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh (B,L)
In the early morning, visit the Cai Rang floating market, the biggest and most famous floating market in Mekong Delta. Get into a sampan to explore the complicated canal system in Can Tho. Disembark and visit the beautiful Binh Thuy old house.
In the afternoon you will be transferred back to Saigon. On the way, we visit the Vinh Trang pagoda in Mekong Delta. Return to your hotel. Overnight at the hotel in Ho Chi Minh.
Day 12 Ho Chi Minh departure (B)
Our Flavors of Vietnam Tour ends up today. You will be transferred to the airport for your home sweet home.
|Hotel Category||Price (2-5 Passengers)||Price (6-9 Passengers)||Single Supplement|
The prices for the above itinerary are quoted net per person in USD based on Multi pax in Double/Twin
room. All prices are subject to change in case of increase to fuel surcharges, taxes, transportation costs,
entrance fees etc.
• Vietnam domestic flights: Han(Noi Bai Airport) –Hui(Hue), Dan(Danang)-HCM(Ho Chi Minh)
• Transport for the private A/C car as mentioned
• Accommodation based on twin/double sharing including daily breakfast
• Meals as indicated in the program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, Br = Brunch)
• The private local English speaking guide
• Cruise in Halong Bay 2 days (sharing comfortable boat with private cabin)
• Train tickets: Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi (soft sleeper of 4 berth cabin)
• All sightseeing fees
• Mineral water (1mineral water bottle per day)
• Government taxes & services charge
• International flights & departure taxes
• Personal travel insurance
• Visa to Vietnam
• Bank charge relating to payment
• Tips & other personal expenses as drink, laundry, phone…
• Compulsory Gala dinner on X-Mas or New Year if any
• Other services not mentioned above
• Price could be changed while booking is outside the validation time above through the changes of service from other third parties. Contact us for updating the most accurate price.
• Only one extra bed shall be provided per room, to the 3rd Adult/Child sharing the room.
• Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
• Travelers to Vietnam are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
• Visas are required by all visitors to Vietnam.
• Vegetarian, Indian meals and Muslim Halal meals shall be organized on request.
• Please be advised that the check out time at all hotels is at 12:00 pm and check-in time at hotel is at 2:00 pm.
• Please be punctual for airport transfers and tours as per time stated in the itinerary.
• No refunds will be entertained for unutilized services.
• The schedules of domestic flights in Vietnam are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until traveling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
|Location||3 star hotel||4 star hotel||5 star hotel|
|Haboi||Hong Ngoc 1||Silk Path||Sofitel|
|Night train||Livitran||Livitran||Victoria Express|
|Sapa||Boutique||Chau Long 2||Victoria|
|Halong Bay||Bai Tho||Halong Emotion||Bhaya|
|Hue||Asia Hotel||Huong Giang||VImperial|
|Hoian||Thuy Duong||Hoian Riverside||Palm Garden|
|Ho Chi Minh||Shappire||Grand Silverland||Majestic|
|Can Tho||Ninh Kieu||Ninh Kieu 2||Victoria Can Tho|