Tour Code: LATA
Day 1: Arrival in Vientiane
Day 2: Vientiane city tour
Day 3: Vientiane – Flight to Luang Prabang – City tour
Day 4: Luang Prang – Pak Ou cave – Khuangsi waterfall
Day 5: Luang Prabang – Departure
Day 1 Arrival in Vientiane
Upon arrival at Vientiane Capital airport, our tour guide will meet you and transfer you to you hotel. Relax for the rest of the day. Overnight at the hotel in Vientiane.
Day 2 Vientiane City Tour (B,L)
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit Vat Sisaket, the oldest original temple in Vientiane, built in 1818. Vat Sisaket features remarkable frescoes and 6,840 Buddha images. Afterwords, we will visit Ho Phra Keo, once the royal temple of Lao monarchy. Built in 1565, Ho Phra Keo has been used as a museum since 1970 and contains some of the finest Buddhist sculptures and artifacts. The main structure originally housed the famous Emerald Buddha that now resides in Bangkok’s Wat Phra Keo.
One of the most photographed images of Vientiane is Patousay, the victory gate also known as Anousavari. Constructed in 1958, its architecture is inspired by the Arc of Triumph in Paris. Another famous Vientiane landmark is That Luang Stupa. King Setthathirath built this great sacred stupa in 1566. Its central structure is 45 meters tall and echoes the curving lines of an elongated lotus. The original stupa contained relics of Lord Buddha. Continue to visit the Morning Market (Talaat Sao), known for its superior silk weaving, metal work, and woodcarving. Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 3 Vientiane – Flight to Luang Prabang – City Tour (B.L)
After breakfast, transfer to airport for morning flight to Luangprabang. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. Visit Wat Visoun, the 16th century temple served as a small museum for religious artifacts; Wat Aham, the early 19th century temple, its two guardian figures at the foot of the steps which represent two characters from the Ramayana – Hanuman, the Monkey God and a fierce Yaksa. Wat Xiengthong, the 16th century temple which, epitomizes all the elegance and grace of Luang Prabang architecture. Visit National Museum, the former Royal Palace which houses the collection of valuable treasures including the famous Prabang Buddha statue,a gifts received from foreign dignitaries…etc,
Phousi Hill, 328 steps leads to the summit of Phousi hill that dominates the sky-line of Luang Prabang, overlooking the finest panoramic view of the whole Luang Prabang. From there, we explore Street Night Bazaar, where you can find art work collection and handmade textile by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight at the hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 4 Luang Prang – Pak Ou cave – Khuangsi Waterfall (B,L)
Breakfast at hotel. In the morning we visit the morning Phousi Market. We will also visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, a Hmong village, Ban Ou, a Laoloum village, and Ban Thapene, a Khmu villages. Afterwords, we will tour to beautiful Khuang Si Waterfall where you can swim in the pools or walk along the forest trails. We then return to Luang Prabang. Have lunch at a local restaurant
In the afternoon, we embark on an upstream cruise on Mekong River. We will view the tranquil countryside before reaching the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues in various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine. On return, we disembark the boat and visit traditional villages. Continue taking a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving. Overnight at hotel in Luang Prabang.
Day 5 Luang Prabang – Departure (B)
After breakfast, you are free until transferring to airport for your departing flight.
— End of services —
|Hotel Category||Price (2-5 Passengers)||Price (6-9 Passengers)||Single Supplement|
The prices for the above itinerary are quoted net per person in USD based on Multi pax in Double/Twin room. All prices are subject to change in case of increase to fuel surcharges, taxes, transportation costs, entrance fees etc.
• Flight from Vientiane(VIE)-Luang Prabang(LPH)
• Accommodation in hotel as mentioned in the program (based on 2 persons/room)
• Meals as mentioned in the program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Local English speaking guide
• Transfer services in a private air-conditioned Van , Bus
• Entrance fees as itinerary
• Boat trip as mention in program
• Village entrance fee
• Local Village guide to follow
• Fresh water and wet wipe during day tour
• Service charge and government tax
• International & Domestic Airfare
• Visa to Laos
• Personal travel insurance
• Bank fees for payment
• Tips & personal expenses as drinks, laundry, phone….
|Location||3 star hotel||4 star hotel||5 star hotel|
|Tadlo||Ponarena||Tadlo Lodge||Tadlo Lodge 1|
|Pakse||Pakse||Champasak Grand||Champasak Grand|
• Price could be changed while booking is outside the validation time above through the changes of service from other third parties. Contact us for updating the most accurate price.
• Only one extra bed shall be provided per room, to the 3rd Adult/Child sharing the room.
• Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
• Travellers to Laos are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
• Visas are required by all visitors to Laos.
• Vegetarian, Indian meals and Muslim Halal meals shall be organized on request.
• Please be advised that the check out time at all hotels is at 12:00 pm and check-in time at hotel is at 2:00 pm.
• Please be punctual for airport transfers and tours as per time stated in the itinerary.
• No refunds will be entertained for unutilized services.
• The schedules of domestic flights in Laos are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.